1/23/2004

I'm with Abe Foxman on this one: Mr. Foxman said that at the Winter Park screening audience members were asked to sign an agreement that, according to a copy he read to a reporter over the telephone, required them to keep confidential their "exposure, knowledge and opinions of the film" and of a question-and-answer session with Mr. Gibson. But the agreement, as read by Mr. Foxman, added that "pastors and church leaders are free to speak out in support of the movie and your opinions resulting from today's exposure to this project and its producer." Mr. Foxman said he did not sign the agreement. He said he had initially felt bad about sneaking into the showing, but later changed his mind. "I decided yesterday, `Why am I uncomfortable? Let him be uncomfortable,' " he said, referring to Mr. Gibson. "For him to say, `You can only see it if you love it?' I felt it was my moral duty to see it." And how often do I get to say that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home