2/15/2004

From the Times: The chairman of Howard Dean's presidential campaign said today that he would leave and shift his support to Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts if Dr. Dean loses the Wisconsin primary on Tuesday, an outcome he sees as all but inevitable. 'If Howard Dean does not win the Wisconsin primary, I will reach out to John Kerry unless he reaches out to me first,'' said the chairman, Steven Grossman, who headed Mr. Kerry's 1996 Senate race. `I will make it clear that I will do anything and everything I can to help him become the next president, and I will do anything and everything I can to build bridges with the Dean organization.' Andy Stern's take: `Right now there is nothing that he is doing that anyone I've spoken to believes is detrimental to the Democratic Party,'' said Andrew L. Stern, president of the Service Employees International Union, which plans to reassess its endorsement of Dr. Dean on Wednesday. ``Some people may say if they were him they wouldn't do this because it may be detrimental to his reputation. I guess he's in charge of his own reputation.'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home