2/11/2004

Looks like the end of the road for Wesley Clark. I have to say, what bothered me most about him was the sense that never, in the several months he was in the race, could I have told you what it was that distinguished what was driving this man to run for President. I can't say it's surprising that as soon as Kerry started to look like a viable non-Dean candidate (and a military one at that), Clark's numbers started to tank. I suspect they would have anyway. Most politicians field charges of opportunism, and most elected politicians display sometimes flagrant opportunism, but when you're spending your time on the stump struggling to find a good explanation for why you're in the Democratic party - and can't even summon up a good sound-byte - pretty soon it'll be time to bow out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home