7/30/2004

A hearty (if belated) welcome to radical scientist Robin Herlands and her blog to the ever-expanding circle of social-contract-supporting-New-Haven-bloggers. Robin's recently returned from the Coalition of Graduate Employee Unions' conference in New York: I kinda wanted to get a CGEU button just so I could make up false realities for the acronym. Crazy Geriatric Elitists Unite or Caged Gorrilla Emancipation Underground...The conference was really great- two days in NYC with 120 other liberal, young, enthusiastic and dynamic intellectuals struggling to find a way to take back the academy from corporate america's reigns. Speakers from our international unions encouraged us to focus all our energy on getting Bush out of office in november (amen!) and to work together. organize together. STRIKE together. Every campus's fight is a the same fight, and we need each other...I won't go into details now, but Hallelujah, radical scientists rock. Better you than me. I mean, I'm a radical, but I could never be a scientist...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home