10/13/2004

One of Sam's readers disputes another's claim that Jesus would vote for Nader: Jesus was not big on people who consider themselves pure, and who make a point of displaying this purity before the world...He met the human need that presented itself and never said -- to my recollection -- that people must suffer because ameliorative action would not result in fundamental reform of the system. (I have yet to be shown how helping elect Geo. Bush will bring about fundamental reform of the system to begin with.) My wife works at a clinic that serves low income people. They are having budget problems as many such undertakings have under Bush. A Kerry victory could make a tangible difference in the lives of the people I see in the waiting room. Which way would Jesus vote? A good question. I don't think he would have put self-congratulatory purity above such immediate human need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home