2/28/2005

Check out the Financial Aid Reform Blog, where several of us have posted accounts of Thursday and of experiences like this:
In the fall, I went back to my public high school to recruit top students to come to Yale. I did not tell them that Harvard or Princeton would probably give them a better financial aid package, because I genuinely wanted more of them to come to Yale and experience the excellent education and unparalleled opportunities here. Part of me feels that I lied to them. Should I have told them that I have gotten a great education at Yale because my family can pay for it? Should I have told them that my friend Amara, who attended the same high school as I did, has not had the same opportunities at Yale because her family can't pay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home