4/27/2005

Jay Driskell calls for Roland Betts to recommit to a meeting:
Over the last two decades, graduate teachers at Yale have repeatedly demonstrated their desire for union recognition and have been repeatedly stonewalled by the administration. Last Thursday, I thought I had finally met someone in power who would be willing to listen. If Betts would sit down with GESO, I am sure he would discover that we share many of the same ideals. Rather than having to strike repeatedly to have our voices heard, I believed for a moment that we would finally be able to get the respect we as teachers deserve. I am uncertain about what transpired between Thursday night and Friday morning, but I am certain that Betts bowed to the pressure of Yale administration's official line on the union. I encourage Betts to change his mind and meet with GESO and end the cycle of strikes on Yale's campus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home