12/28/2003

I'm generally not one for on-line polls, but I think sending the right-wing American Family Association a message - through their own poll - that Americans reject their campaign to disenfranchise gay families is a worthy cause, especially given that they've promised to pass the results on to Congress. I just got an e-mail from the AFA sharing the results of the poll so far, and it looks like the real pro-family folks are clobbering the AFA's supporters: I oppose legalization of homosexual marriage and “civil unions” total votes: 201914 I favor legalization of homosexual marriage total votes: 378691 I favor a “civil union” with the full benefits of marriage except for the name: 52238 Pretty embarrassing for them, eh? So if you're the AFA, and you're losing your own poll, what do you do? The end of the e-mail may have a hint: Only votes that have a valid email address associated with them will be counted. We will be purging those with invalid email addresses, which may cause poll results to change somewhat. No explanation of what renders a vote "invalid," of course. Must be the same thing that marks so many of my friends' and relatives' families invalid as well...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home