10/11/2005

IN WHICH I PRAISE YALE ADMINISTRATORS, AND THEN EVERYONE'S HEADS EXPLODE

My YDN piece on the ways in which Yale's alcohol policy isn't broken and (with some exceptions) shouldn't be fixed is on-line here:
So the likely impact of the most popular "tough on drinking" policies, then, is to encourage drinking hard alcohol rather than beer, in private rather than in public, without anyone sober around, without going to RAs for help, and without getting medical attention when someone gets sick. And judging from the conversations I had with other American college students in an immersion program this summer, too often that's exactly what happens. That such policies are implemented in the name of protecting students is that much more absurd. To their credit, Yale's leaders have chosen policies that prioritize keeping students safe over posturing for parents.

3 Comments:

Blogger E said...

[head explodes, getting some goo on my computer screen]

10/11/2005 09:11:00 PM  
Blogger Zach said...

Hi! I was randomly surfing the web and found your blog! I will add it to my favorites!

I have one just like it!

It is about loco y borracho superheroes who start speaking pseudo-Ladino when inebriated!

Check it out some time!

Alfred

10/11/2005 09:45:00 PM  
Blogger Zach said...

just kidding.

10/11/2005 11:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home